Responsible to safely operate asphalt equipment such as Paver, Screed, and/or Roller on highways and streets. Coordinates dumping of trucks.
EDUCATION AND/OR WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Acceptable interpersonal communication skills
- 2+ years asphalt experience
- Mechanical skills to perform maintenance, light repair and assembly/disassembly for transporting equipment
- Ability to provide and maintain proper licensure, medical card and acceptable driving record.
DUTIES AND/OR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform daily equipment, walk around and site inspections to identify and correct any unsafe conditions and keep equipment properly maintained.
- Safely and properly perform maintenance on equipment.
- Safely and properly operate equipment.
- Shovel blacktop or concrete as needed
- Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work with difficult people under high stress situations. Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations and act courteous/respectful of others.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve situations/problems (material quality, equipment operation/repair, etc.). Monitor and discuss production problems with co-workers and managers/supervisors
- Ensure OSHA, EPA, DNR, safety and environmental regulation compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.