Responsible to safely and efficiently supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in asphalt paving while producing a quality asphalt product in a timely manner.
EDUCATION AND/OR WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Over 2 years up to and including 4 years from post high school, work, military, institutional or vocational environment
- Minimum 3 years experience in product line
- Ability to provide and maintain proper licensure, medical card and acceptable driving record
- DUTIES AND/OR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform daily equipment, walk around and site inspections to identify and correct any unsafe conditions and keep equipment properly maintained.
- Safely and properly supervise and coordinate activities of workers
- Communicate paving crew needs with dispatch and to the plant
- Work with crews, inspectors, and subcontractors to complete projects
- Produce quality asphalt product within specifications
- Coach/Assist employees
- Tour work site to ascertain progress in meeting time schedules and to detect insufficient utilization of workers and equipment.
- Measure slope and thickness of paving to verify compliance with contract.
- Measure distances from reference points to locate boundaries of construction site.
- Directs work crews engaged in operation of vehicles and machines.
- Verifies curvature of graded surface using hand level.
- Supervise bituminous paving crews, aggregate production crews or crews engaged in operating machines to tamp, roll and smooth surface for subgrade of highway.
- Approve and submit work hours for crew and pertinent job information daily
- Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work with difficult people under high stress situations. Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations and act courteous/respectful of others.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve situations/problems (material quality, equipment operation/repair, etc.). Monitor and discuss production problems with co-workers and managers/supervisors.
- Ensure MSHA, OSHA, EPA, DNR, Lockout/Tagout, safety and environmental regulation compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.