Responsible to safely operate grader to spread and level dirt, gravel and stone to grade specification
EDUCATION AND/OR WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- General education, grammar and arithmetic, GED or high school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years equipment maintenance & operation experience
- Global Positioning System (GPS) experience
- Ability to provide and maintain proper licensure, medical card and acceptable driving record
DUTIES AND/OR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform daily equipment, walk around and site inspections to identify and correct any unsafe conditions and keep equipment properly maintained
- Safely and properly perform maintenance (lubricating, fueling and cleaning) on blade/motor grader.
- Safely and properly operate blade/motor grader including: regulating height and angle of grader blade, lowering scarifier and loosening packed soil to permit grading and tilting front wheels of grader when making sharp turns. Drives grader in successive passes over working area, observing reference stakes or hand signals of assisting worker, to level surface to specified grade. Feels level and listens to sound of engine to determine depth of cut. May perform fine or rough grading.
- Assist laborer or roller operator with dumping trucks and keeping load counts
- Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work with difficult people under high stress situations. Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations and act courteous/respectful of others.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve situations/problems (material quality, equipment operation/repair, etc.). Monitor and discuss production problems with co-workers and managers/supervisors.
- Ensure OSHA, EPA, DNR, safety and environmental regulation compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.