Since 1978, Custom Aire has been the region’s commercial and residential HVAC authority. Custom Aire is an employee-owned company providing commercial service and mechanical construction, environmentally responsible geothermal energy, sheet metal fabrication and plumbing for customers ranging from commercial, industrial, institutional, or new construction residential.
Join Custom Aire’s team as a Construction Project Manager. Our team of professionals takes pride in building relationship with our clients and providing long-term solutions. Success comes from our ability to work to the smallest detail, while providing high-quality craftsmanship and custom service.
To learn more about us, please visit:
What You Will Do:
- Plan, direct, and coordinate activities of commercial HVAC building projects to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
- Review project plans, specifications and drawings to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project, including review of shop drawings to determine wall and roof openings.
- Establishes work plan and potential staffing for each phase of project and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel and duties as needed, including scheduling subcontractors as needed.
- Directs and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, or design professionals to discuss and resolve matters, to provide technical expertise, and to ensure an efficient and well-run project.
- Assists in negotiation of claims/disputes with the owner and sub-trades.
- Determines material and equipment resources, permits and procedures for accomplishing each phase of the project.
- Prepare/verify and monitor progress billing to work with Billing Department for monthly billing of work completed on project, ensuring a smooth process on all projects.
- Monitor project performance, schedule, costs, equipment, manpower, materials, equipment maintenance, safety, quality control and will modify schedules or plans as required.
- Attend project meetings, interface with project team, client, architect/engineering and subcontractors.
- Process change orders, assessing cost and schedule impacts.
- Conducts site tours, inspections and leads by examples to ensure policies, procedures and standards are adhered to.
- Sets up and completes project reports regarding forecasts, schedules, etc. for management through all phases of project, submitting and managing document control for all project information.
- Coordinates project activities with government regulatory or agencies, complying with all building codes and requirements.
- High school diploma, trade or technical diploma/degree in construction technology, construction/project management or related AND 3+ years of construction project management experience OR equivalent combination of education and related construction industry experience.
- A progressive career history with demonstrated leadership and supervisory experience for effective project coordination and forecasting resources for optimum efficiency.
- Proven record of making sound decisions and solving problems.
- Working knowledge and experience with construction laws and building codes; understanding government processes and regulations.
- Ability to read, understand and apply engineering/construction plans, specifications, methods and procedures to visualize the project, assess challenges and embed solutions.
- General knowledge of different construction methods, forms, sequencing, potential problems and timelines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) with working knowledge of industry related accounting or project management software.
- Work full-time, generally 7 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday – Friday.
- Valid driver’s license
- Willingness to travel overnight to project jobsite and interviews as job duties demand.
- Associate/Bachelor’s degree in construction technology, construction/project management.
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively assess, organize, and prioritize multiple tasks, project and demands.
Benefits – What’s in it For You?
- Competitive pay plus generous benefits to include paid health, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance, 401k, ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan), voluntary benefits, paid vacation and holidays.
- Receive a company vehicle for business use and other perks, such as cell phone reimbursement or enjoy company social/outings!
- Employee-owned company; take ownership in your career development and personal growth.
- Be part of a dynamic team that strives to exceed our objectives to help drive greater custom satisfaction.
Thank you for taking the time to view our position at Custom Aire, Inc. Please click the apply button, submit your resume and continue through the application process if you are interested. We appreciate your time and look forward to building a relationship!
Custom Aire, Inc.