- ND |
- Jobs |
- Contingent Systems Engineer
Contingent Systems Engineer
- Plans, coordinates and performs system-level concerting, design, testing and analysis work for a complete project of moderate scope or for a significant portion or a sub-system of a major and diverse project.
- Gathers and documents system-level requirements, concepts systems of a moderate scope, partitions requirements to system components, generates component requirements documents, analyzes systems, supports integration of a system and verification and validation testing.
- Operates in a team environment, providing input to design solutions and participating in design reviews. Decisions are made within established guidelines and may be reviewed by supervisors.
- Incorporate component requirements into Vector’s PREEVision requirement management tool.
- Executes high level applications to more complex problems.
- Analyzes system needs and determines engineering specifications which must be fulfilled for complex problems or projects of moderate scope.
- Gathers system-level requirements of systems of a moderate scope and decomposes and partitions these requirements into component-level requirements.
- Produces and evaluates possible design solutions to improve cost, quality and performance based on system-level knowledge, together with possible involvement of other functional engineers, supply management and/or supplier personnel.
- Assists in developing concepts for basic systems of a moderate scope.
- Analyzes system architecture options to measure the performance, cost-effectiveness, and reliability of the system.
- Compiles and furnishes necessary information (engineering decisions and reports of pertinent design analyses data) to document the design solution required for building of prototypes and adoption of the design with possible involvement of other functional engineers, supply management and/or supplier personnel.
- Integrates the components of a system and verifies the components work together and the system meets the performance criteria.
- Provides technical support to marketing, manufacturing, quality and supply management organizations.
- Develops test and analysis plans for product verification and validation.
- Applies knowledge of company products, policies and practices to provide economies through standardization of parts and products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Systems or Electrical related Engineering from an accredited engineering program (4 years or equivalent).
- System or Product engineering experience: 2 – 5 years. –
- Technical skill and knowledge in embedded system design, either electrical or software.
- Performs more complex functions, understands principles, may teach others.
- Knowledgeable on the principal components used in embedded systems including microcontrollers, operating systems, switching devices or protection devices.
- Knowledge in basic engineering principles, theory and practice. Has a good understanding of the principles and can independently use the knowledge.
- Understanding of engineering principles as they relate to the company product. Performs more complex functions, understands principles, may teach others.
- Fundamental understanding of machine forms used in ground-based vehicles. Has a good understanding of the principles and can independently use the knowledge.
- Ability to interface with customers with guidance from a supervisor. Customers and team members may be offsite.