We are the materials supplier and construction division of MDU Resources Group Inc. The North Central Region currently serves the Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, and South Dakota and North Dakota areas.
Products from our companies have helped build U.S. military installations, interstate highways, major sports and business facilities, airports, county and township infrastructures, energy plants, wind farms, residential and farm structures.
Our success didn’t happen by chance. It’s the result of dedicated, hardworking people throughout our company. Our workforce is committed to excellence, devoted to quality, and has the expertise that means the difference between a job completed - and a job well done.
We strive to be a leader in the markets we serve, be a positive force in the communities in which we live and work, and provide growth opportunities for our employees while sustaining our profitability which funds our growth.
We are proud to be a subsidiary of MDU Resources Group, Inc. (NYSE:MDU) a multidimensional natural resource enterprise. We are excited to work with a bigger team and share best practices to continually improve our products and services. Knife River Corporation mines and markets aggregates and related value-added construction materials products and services in Alaska, California, Hawaii, Iowa, Idaho, Kansas, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas, Washington and Wyoming.
Responsible for safely keeping equipment running and maintained properly
Education & Requirements:
- Over 2 years up to and including 4 years from post high school, work, military, institutional or vocational environment in mechanic field or maintaining road construction equipment with demonstrated mechanical knowledge to diagnose component, troubleshoot, repair, communicate and document.
- Mechanical experience - diesel engine preferred
- Provide and maintain proper licensure, medical card and acceptable driving record.
- Responsible for performing maintenance and repairs of a significant nature on all types of equipment and/or assisting with repairs/improvements/maintenance of equipment to assure it is in safe working condition.
- Safely operate equipment, standard and specialty tools, welders, hoists and other lifting devices, etc. on a daily basis.
- Troubleshooting equipment maintenance problems to properly diagnose components to determine method and extent of repair necessary. Read, interpret, analyze and apply information in technical manuals and schematics.
- Anticipate needed parts and supplies, disassemble equipment and parts, fabricate parts when needed and reassemble equipment and parts.
- Use cutting torch and perform welding tasks
- Clean work areas
- Fill out shop repair orders daily
- Drive and maintain mechanics truck
- Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written). Frequent contact and communication with others within and outside the company. Self-motivated, team-player with excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work independently or in a team setting; ability to maintain positive customer relations and act courteous/respectful of others.
- Proven experience handling multiple projects and priorities while maintaining tight deadlines; highly organized with attention to detail.
- Accurately complete work orders or other maintenance repair documentation.
- Ensure OSHA, DOT, MSHA, EPA, DNR, safety and environmental regulation compliance.
- May be required to operate and maintain company vehicle to perform field service repair then operate repaired equipment to ensure proper working condition after repairs have been completed.\
- Responsible to provide own basic hand tools, pneumatics and some specialty tools.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Thank you for taking the time to view our position at Knife River Corporation. Please click the apply button, submit your resume and contiue through the application process if you are interested! We appreciate your time and look forward to building a relationship!
-Knife River Corporation