Hertz Equipment Rental Corporation (HERC) is a highly successful leader specializing in rentals, sales and service of the very best construction and industrial equipment available today. As a fully diversified subsidiary of The Hertz Corporation, we have a staff of approximately 5000 employees and maintain approximately 270 branches in 47 states in the U.S. and Canada.
Since 1965, we have provided rental equipment and services for commercial and government applications, including housing, industrial plants and manufacturing, highway/road/bridge construction, military, petrochemical, hazardous waste and material management, railroads, mining, agricultural, as well as other applications. Our branch network stretches from coast to coast, providing customers with convenient access to our equipment when and where they need it.
HERC offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package (including a 401(k) plan with company match and company contributed pension plan), discounts on vehicle rentals and purchases, generous vacation program, and excellent advancement opportunities.
Hertz Equipment Rental Corporation (HERC), one of the largest suppliers of rented industrial & construction equipment, seeks talented people for a Field Service Mechanic position at our WILLISTON, NORTH DAKOTA location.
As a mechanically minded, customer focus mechanic, you will primarily be responsible for the repair, service, and maintenance of rental equipment in the field at the customer’s job site. This could include troubleshooting and repairing diesel, hydraulic, electrical, and mechanical equipment. You will operating from a service truck and will be required to perform preventative maintenance services as well.
- Must be able to perform a variety of skilled duties which may involve inspection, diagnosis, troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair on general rental and/or high reach equipment
- Service equipment as required to ensure proper operating condition at the job site
- Must be able to operate equipment such as booms, forklifts, compressors, portable and stationary generators, hydraulic and electrical tools and equipment, and related tools and equipment
- Satisfy in a timely manner, all required documentation, timesheets, checklists, receiving records and repair order logs
- Conduct preventative maintenance as required to ensure the timely and accurate completion of preventative maintenance activities
- Clean work vehicle and work area as necessary to maintain a safe work environment
- Meet all company, governmental and equipment related safety requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Service Manager or authorized personnel
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Read and interpret specifications and manuals
- Ability to diagnose and repair a wide variety of mechanical and electrical equipment
- Ability to safely use hand and power tools, equipment, and diagnostic devices
- Ability to understand and fill out service-related documents and paperwork
- Must be able to operate a 2 way radio, if necessary
- Requires the ability to lift, push or pull and move up to 70 pounds and must be capable of climbing, kneeling, twisting and bending in a varied environment
- Must be dependable and report to work on time
- Must be able to communicate effectively with customers, supervisors, yard and dispatch personnel
- Must exhibit a high level of safety consciousness and a clear understanding of equipment safety
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Must maintain satisfactory driving record at all times which may be subject to approval by company’s insurer and in accordance with all applicable state and federal laws
- Maintain and update equipment records by entering data into a computer
- A high school diploma (or equivalent)
- A valid driver’s license plus must be able to meet 24/7 Studio’s driving policy requirements
- Vocational Training and/or Technical Certificate or equivalent
- 5+ years experience as a heavy equipment/diesel mechanic, preferably in the field
- Experience performing industrial lift and/or aerial equipment repairs preferred
- Provide own tools and possess ability to safely and effectively use them
- Must be able to perform basic computer operations