To maintain and operate various equipment (Dozer, Skidsteer, Excavator, Loader) to produce quality asphalt paving, grading, or aggregate projects.
- General education, grammar and arithmetic, GED or high school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of equipment maintenance & operation experience; 5 year preferred
- Ability to provide and maintain proper licensure, medical card and acceptable driving record
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform daily equipment, walk around and site inspections to identify and correct any unsafe conditions and keep equipment properly maintained.
- Safely and properly perform maintenance (lubricating, fueling and cleaning) on equipment. Maintain 3 points of contact at all times while performing maintenance activities.
- Safely and properly operate equipment. Make sure bucket/attachment's are lowered to ground whenever leaving the equipment.
- May load trucks with driver in sight to communicate and ensure safe loading procedure.
- Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work with difficult people under high stress situations. Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations and act courteous/respectful of others.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve situations/problems (material quality, equipment operation/repair, etc.) Monitor and discuss problems with co-workers and managers/supervisors.
- Assist other co-workers as needed.
- Ensure OSHA, SHA, EPA, DNR, lock out/tag out, safety and environmental regulation compliance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.