Type: Full-time, year round
Experience: 5+ years commercial HVAC installation experience with progressive responsibility level in project size, complexity, team or project leadership
Education: High School/GED
Since 1978, Custom Aire has been the region’s commercial and residential HVAC authority. Custom Aire is an employee-owned company providing commercial service and mechanical construction, environmentally responsible geothermal energy, and sheet metal fabrication for customers ranging from commercial, industrial, institutional, or new construction residential.
Join Custom Aire’s mechanical construction team as an HVAC Installer - Journeyman Commercial Construction. Our team of professionals takes pride in building relationship with our clients and providing long-term solutions for comfort, custom satisfaction and energy efficiencies. Success comes from your ability to work to the smallest detail, while providing high-quality HVAC and geothermal systems on time and within budget.
Due to our growth and local demand, we are looking for candidates who will reside in the area of Bismarck, ND. To learn more about us please visit:
What You Will Do:
- Assemble and install residential or commercial HVAC systems which include sheet metal ductwork, furnace and air conditioning system, air handling unit or air terminal unit per plans and best practices.
- Read and understand blueprints, addendum's, design specifications and shop drawings to be followed in the construction or assembly of sheet metal duct systems and HVAC products being installed.
- Coordinate installation of the HVAC systems with builder and other trades, communicating effectively with project manager, contractor, custom or fabrication shop to complete projects/work orders efficiently with craftsmanship as a priority.
- Set rooftop and/or condensing units, crane rigging and signaling.
- Measure and order custom ductwork from the fabrication shop.
- Maintain tools, supplies and/or equipment to ensure the availability of and equipment is in safe operating condition.
- Adhere to safety procedures and company safety policy, including wearing uniform and appropriate Personal Protective Equipment, operation company vehicle and equipment.
- Climb ladders, scaffolding and use man lifts to perform work duties.
- Safe guard company materials and tools to protect from damage or theft.
- Mentor apprentice sheet metal workers to assist them in their growth in the trade.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years commercial HVAC installation experience with progressive responsibility level in project size, complexity, team or project leadership
- Proficient in all HVAC design and installation of ductwork systems
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and specifications
- Provide own small hand tools
- Good mechanical aptitude, effective time management and organization skills
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable motor vehicle record (5 years)
- Willingness to travel by company vehicle to worksites, including overnight travel
- Willingness to work overtime or longer hours
- HVAC certification, diploma or completion of approved registered sheet metal worker program.
Benefits – What’s in it For You?
- Competitive pay plus generous benefits to include paid health, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance, 401k, ESOP(Employee Stock Ownership Plan), voluntary benefits, paid vacation and holidays.
- Company uniform and cell phone allowance, tool replacement program, out-of-town job assistance and company outings.
- Receive a company vehicle for business use.
- Enjoy paid training program allowing you to learn from successful professionals and promote your professional growth.
Thank you for taking the time to view our position at Custom Aire, Inc. Please click the apply button, submit your resume and continue through the application process if you are interested. We appreciate your time and look forward to building a relationship!
Custom Aire, Inc.