Type: Full-time, year round
Experience: 2+ years work or military experience
Education: High School/GED
Since 1978, Custom Aire has been the region’s commercial and residential HVAC authority. Custom Aire is an employee-owned company providing commercial service and mechanical construction, environmentally responsible geothermal energy, and sheet metal fabrication for customers ranging from commercial, industrial, institutional, or new construction residential.
Join Custom Aire’s mechanical construction team as a Commercial Sheet Metal Installer (Apprentice). Our team of professionals takes pride in building relationship with our clients and providing long-term solutions for comfort, custom satisfaction and energy efficiencies. Success comes from your ability to work to the smallest detail, while providing high-quality HVAC and geothermal systems on time and within budget.
Due to our growth and local demand, we are looking for candidates who will reside in the Grand Forks, ND area and are willing to travel overnight (estimate 0 - 25%, depending on business needs). To learn more about us, please visit:
What You Will Do:
- Assemble and install commercial HVAC systems which include sheet metal ductwork, air handling units or air terminal units per plans and best practices.
- Assist with setting rooftop and/or condensing units, crane rigging and signaling.
- Adhere to safety procedures and company safety policy, including wearing uniform and appropriate Personal Protective Equipment, operation company vehicle and equipment.
- Climb ladders, scaffolding and use man lifts to perform work duties.
- Safe guard company materials and tools to protect from damage or theft.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years work or military experience
- Provide own small hand tools
- Good mechanical aptitude, effective time management and organization skills
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable motor vehicle record (5 years)
- Willingness to travel by company vehicle to worksites, including overnight travel based upon business needs
- Willingness to work overtime or longer hours
- HVAC certification, diploma or completion of approved registered sheet metal apprentice program.
- Commercial HVAC installation experience.
Benefits – What’s in it For You?
- Competitive pay plus generous benefits to include paid health, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance, 401k, ESOP(Employee Stock Ownership Plan), voluntary benefits, paid vacation and holidays.
- Company uniform allowance, tool replacement program, out-of-town job assistance and company outings.
- Enjoy paid training program allowing you to learn from successful professionals and promote your professional growth.
Thank you for taking the time to view our position at Custom Aire, Inc. Please click the apply button, submit your resume and continue through the application process if you are interested. We appreciate your time and look forward to building a relationship!
Custom Aire, Inc.