Pay: $50,000 to $100,000/yr DOE and Performance
Benefits: Retirement plan, Family Health Ins. & more (see below)
Must Have: Driver's license, minimum 3 Years HVAC Experience w/ other minimal requirements (see below)
A Little About Central Heating & Cooling:
20 years ago, Central started as a small company in Kalispell, MT. It has since grown to be the primary source for home comfort services in the Flathead Valley communities. Central has become THE trusted name in home services.
We have grown a lot in 20 years and continue to grow aggressively. That means we need more techs. Not just any techs: The best techs. That's why we are advertising the position not just in NW Montana. Our technicians are known for going above and beyond to help the customer get the best value for the work being done in their home.
The Kalispell, MT area is absolutely gorgeous.
We are at the north end of Flathead lake, which is both a great recreation area and a world class fishery. Glacier National Park (voted Best National Park by Backpacker Magazine readers) is in our backyard with limitless opportunities for fun during every season.
We also have a thriving farm community, with fresh goods offered at farmers markets year-round. Our schools are some of the best rated in the west, and our burgeoning arts scene is truly unique and exciting. We live in an outdoor recreation paradise, so many of our neighbors and customers consider this area to be the perfect location for their 2nd or 3rd homes.
We pay our techs for the quality of their work, not by how many hours they are in a home. That's why the job is done right - the first time. And that's why our customers love our techs and often ask back for each by name.
This type of work compensation is certainly against the status quo, but the benefits and rewards for our techs and customers far above and beyond the norm. If you join our team, here are some of the basic things you can expect:
We do a great deal of our training "in-house," but also send our techs and staff across the country from time to time to be trained and connect with others in the trade. We place a high value on our staff networking with others in the industry. Gleaning knowledge from other top pros can really help with solving some of the more complex home comfort challenges. It's why we are dedicated members of the Nexstar Network.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Replace or install forced air heating and air conditioning systems. As well as hydronic heating systems , or refrigeration equipment or complete systems.
- Install or replace new duct systems in remodeled rooms or buildings.
- Test electrical circuits and components for continuity, using electrical test equipment.
- Test pipe or tubing joints and connections for leaks, using a pressure gauge or soap-and-water solution.
- Join pipes or tubing to the equipment and to the fuel, water, or refrigerant source in order to form a complete circuit.
- Lay out and connect electrical wiring between the controls and equipment according to the wiring diagram, using an electrician’s hand tools.
- Obtain and maintain required certifications.
- Install, connect, and adjust thermostats, humidistats, and timers, using hand tools.
- Comply with all applicable standards, policies, and procedures, including safety procedures and the maintenance of a clean work area.
- Inspect and test systems to verify compliance with plans and specifications and to detect and locate malfunctions.
- Work on natural gas, propane or oil fired heating systems.
- Troubleshoot low voltage control systems.
- Work on Heat pump and geothermal systems.
- Knowledge of HVAC codes and proper application; knowledge of proper electrical and HVAC safety.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with internal and external customers.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, customer-focused work environment; ability to balance workload with technicians’ and customers’ needs.
- Ability to establish rapport with customers.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion with information.
- Ability to read and understand documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Must have strong math skills.
- Ability to utilize common-sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral, or diagrammed instructions.
- Ability to take timely action to effectively solve problems, using established policies and procedures.
- Ability to work extended hours if the demand is there in this service business;
- 3 years of HVAC field experience.
- EPA Certified
- Valid driver’s license.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of a certified HVAC installation training program and apprenticeship.
- Ability to explain technical information to non-technical customers.
- $50-100k/yr DOE and performance. This is exceptional pay -no matter where you live!
- Comprehensive Family Health Insurance (We pay your premium).
- Employee retirement plan with company matching.
- Paid holidays.
- Ample and progressive vacation time.
- Flexible Maternity and Paternity leave.
- Seasonal company events/parties for our families and some just for the adults.
Really, you are looking at big city pay, without the hassle, and a much better quality of life.
We look forward to hearing from you!