Type: Full-time, year round work
Pay: Depending on experience
Since 1978, Custom Aire has been the region’s commercial and residential HVAC authority. Custom Aire is an employee-owned company providing commercial service and mechanical construction, environmentally responsible geothermal energy, and sheet metal fabrication.
Join Custom Aire’s service team as a Commercial Service Technician – Entry. Our team of professionals takes pride in building relationships with our clients and providing long-term solutions for comfort, custom satisfaction and energy efficiencies. You will serve as the face of Custom Aire for our customers ranging from commercial, industrial or institutional. Success comes from your ability to work to the smallest detail, while providing high-quality HVAC services on time and exceeding customer satisfaction.
We are looking for candidates who will reside in/within the Grand Forks, ND area, and are willing to be on-call.
What You Will Do:
- Assist with installations, maintenance, repair and start-ups of commercial HVAC systems
- Assist in servicing products and equipment on assigned projects and ensuring customer satisfaction
- Use a variety of hand tools, following blueprints, wiring diagrams, piping schemes or engineering specifications
- Prepare written documentation of service performed
- Keep abreast of industry trends through continued ongoing self-training
- HVAC certificate or Associate Degree in electronics, mechanical systems, computer technology, air conditioning or similar field
- Provide own small hand tools
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable MVR record (5 years)
- Willingness to travel by company vehicle to worksites, including overnight travel
- Willingness to work overtime or on call (off your regular work times), on weekends (weekend coverage)
- Knowledge of refrigeration theory, electrical schematics, pneumatic and electronic control systems, pipe fitting, welding / brazing and mechanical layouts
- Ability to read blue-prints or schematic drawings
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Benefits – What’s in it For You?
- Competitive pay plus generous benefits to include paid health, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance, 401k, ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan), voluntary benefits, paid vacation and holidays
- Company uniform and cell phone allowance, tool replacement program, out-of-town job assistance and company outings!
- Enjoy paid training program allowing you to learn from successful professionals and promote your professional growth
- To find out why living and working in Greater Grand Fors is way cooler, check out
Thank you for taking the time to view our position at Custom Aire, Inc. Should you be interested in this employment opportunity, please click the apply button, submit your resume and continue through the application process. We appreciate your time and look forward to building a working relationship!