McFarlane, Inc. is a locally owned company that has been in business since 1959. We are a regional industrial and commercial HVAC contractor in Eastern North Dakota & Northern Minnesota that combines professional engineering talent with hands-on technical expertise to provide cost-effective solutions for the design, installation, and maintenance/operation of mechanical systems.
We are committed to continuous technical education and empowering employees to do an excellent job.
We are actively searching for an experienced HVAC Technician to join our team! This individual will be responsible for providing clients with quality technical expertise, installation, service, and support on a variety of state-of-the-art Industrial & Commercial HVAC equipment. The ideal candidate will be able to troubleshoot and repair Industrial & Commercial HVAC equipment in an efficient and professional manner and must have solid interpersonal/customer relationship skills. Additionally, this individual must adhere to all safety procedures set forth in the McFarlane, Inc. Safety Handbook and facility/customer safety programs and maintain accurate documentation of daily work logs.
- 5+ Years HVAC Commercial/Industrial background
- Drug free and able to pass criminal background check
- Trade School Diploma
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- EPA Universal Refrigerant Recovery Certification
- Ability to work full time schedule and "on-call" nights, weekends, holidays (rotating on-call schedule)
- Ability to carry out written, oral, or diagrammed instructions
- Excellent understanding of industrial and commercial HVAC systems & system operation
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrate initiative in servicing customers and maintaining positive customer relations
- Must be punctual and attired in the company uniform
- Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with internal and external customers
- Ability to read and understand documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, and procedure manuals
- Ability to work regionally
- Ability to climb ladders, work at high elevations & lift object up to 75 lbs
- Ability to complete time and job records accurately and timely using tablet or paperwork if needed
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook
- Courteous professional attitude
Wages & Benefits:
- McFarlane, Inc. offers highly competitive wages; over $30.00 per hour; plus a generous benefit package which includes; medical, dental, vacation, and generous retirement/pension plan contributions.
- Relocation Assistance Available if necessary
- Four day work week (Typically Monday through Thursday 7:00 AM to 5:30 PM; 10 hour work days)
- Flexible work schedule available for Industrial Service work
- In-house Training Programs
- Internal advancement opportunities
- Smaller community with large community opportunities
- Close access to great outdoor activities, fishing, and hunting in North Dakota & Minnesota
- Smaller Company Atmosphere (YOU ARE NOT A NUMBER HERE!)
- Annual performance reviews with wage increases based upon performance and tenure
- Life and disability insurance
- Company provided vehicle
- Company provided uniform & additional McFarlane, Inc. clothing
- Company provided phone & computer
McFarlane, Inc. is pleased to support and encourage people who are highly motivated, and want to be successful in the industrial & commercial HVAC industry. If you are interested in an employment opportunity, click the "Apply Now" button.