Type: Full-Time, year-round
Experience: 4+ years
Education: High School/GED
Since 1978, Custom Aire has been the region’s commercial and residential HVAC authority. Custom Aire is an employee-owned company providing commercial service and mechanical construction, environmentally responsible geothermal energy, sheet metal fabrication and plumbing services for customers ranging from commercial, industrial, institutional, or new construction residential.
Join Custom Aire’s construction team as a Journeyman Plumber. Our team of professionals takes pride in building relationship with our clients and providing long-term solutions. Success comes from your ability to work to the smallest detail, while providing high-quality plumbing services on time and exceeding custom satisfaction.
Due to our growth and local demand, we are looking for candidates who will reside in Grand Forks, ND. To learn more about us, please visit:
What You Will Do:
- As Journeyman Plumber you will assemble, install or repair pipes, fittings, or plumbing fixtures and appliances of heating, water or drainage systems in commercial, multi-unit housing and new construction residential buildings.
- Read schematic diagrams, blueprints and other specifications to determine layout, sequence of installation and work aids required.
- Coordinate installations of plumbing systems, fixtures, appliances, etc. with other trades to ensure all specifications and plumbing codes are met and to ensure efficient completion of project.
- Mentor apprentice plumbers to assist them in their growth in the trade.
- Adhere to safety procedures and company safety policy, including wearing uniform and appropriate Personal Protective Equipment, operation company vehicle, tools and equipment.
- Climb ladders, scaffolding and use lifts to perform work duties.
- Safe guard company materials and tools to protect from damage or theft.
- High school diploma or equivalent and 4+ years commercial or residential plumbing installation experience
- North Dakota or Minnesota Journeyman Card holder or ability to obtain
- Provide own small hand tools
- Good mechanical aptitude, effective time management and organization skills
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable motor vehicle record (5 years)
- Willingness to travel by company vehicle to worksites, including overnight travel
- Willingness to work overtime or longer hours
- Completion post high school certificate or diploma in plumbing
Benefits – What’s in it For You?
- Competitive pay plus generous benefits to include paid health, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance, 401k, ESOP(Employee Stock Ownership Plan), voluntary benefits, paid vacation and holidays.
- Company uniform allowance, tool replacement program, and out-of-town job assistance.
- Enjoy paid training program allowing you to learn from successful professionals and promote your professional growth.
Thank you for taking the time to view our position at Custom Aire, Inc. Please click the apply button, submit your resume and continue through the application process if you are interested! We appreciate your time and look forward to building a relationship!
-Custom Aire, Inc.