PKG Contracting, Inc. (PKG) provides water and waste water solutions for municipalities, rural and regional water systems. Providing creative, quality solutions, while building strong relationships with owners and engineers in the Upper Midwest. For over two decades our superintendents, foremen, craftsmen, and laborers have been dedicated to ensuring superior results for our project owners. Our reputation is built on the quality of our work and our expertise in this industry which ensures your project’s success.
As a Laborer you will be responsible for performing a variety of tasks involving physical labor on construction sites. May operate hand and power tools of all types. May clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, assist in building structures for water treatment and waste water plants, erect scaffolding, clean up rubble and debris.
Some of the day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Measures distances from grade stakes, drives stakes and stretches tight line
- Bolts, nails, aligns, and blocks up under forms
- Mixes, smooths and finishes concrete
- Positions, joins, aligns and seals pipe selections
- Erects Scaffolding, shoring and braces
- Grinds, sands or polishes surfaces
- Unloads and sorts construction deliveries
- Additional duties as assigned
- High School diploma/GED preferred
- 1+ years’ construction industry experience preferred
- Basic understanding of construction principles and procedures
- Ability to operate a manual transmission vehicle
- Comfort working in a high-stress environment with extreme weather fluctuations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hand and arms above their shoulders.
- Must be able to exert up to 10-20 lbs. constantly to move objects, 25-50 lbs. of force frequently, and 50-100 lbs. of force occasionally.
PKG Contracting has some of the best employees around because we know what it takes to attract top talent in the industry. Below are some of the amazing benefits you can be eligible for when working with PKG Contracting:
- Health/HSA with $120 company contribution monthly
- Critical Illness
- Dependent Care
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- 401K with company Match
- Vacation - up to 3 weeks a year based on position