Bituminous Roadways, Inc was founded in 1946 and has been at the forefront of the asphalt industry ever since! With strong leadership, a drive to provide quality products, fair pricing, and efficient implementation of the latest technology and innovation, we continue to pave our way in the industry. Bituminous Roadways was the recipient of many awards including the 2013 MnDOT Merit Award for Outstanding Performance and honored for having the best in class construction for our resurfacing work on many projects.
We are currently in search of an experienced Pavement Engineering Services Manager to join our team in Minneapolis, MN.
- Competitive salary with a bonus incentive plan
- Health/Medical Insurance
- Dental and vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- Flex benefit plan
- 401k Retirement plan
- Company vehicle and cell phone
Pavement Engineering Services Manager
- Help us to re-write pavement designs to better withstand static loading on parking lots, and to effectively communicate why this is necessary.
- Consult with customers and BR sales and field managers on providing cost-effective pavement solutions as well as long-term pavement management plans.
- Help develop and implement innovative processes that allow BR to offer improved durability, reduced cost, and/or extended warranties with confidence.
- Follow-up with documentation to determine effectiveness of implemented initiatives.
- Perform pavement condition and evaluation criteria (i.e. PASER)
- Develop pavement management systems
- Develop comprehensive pavement life-cycle maintenance guidelines based on present pavement condition
- Provide parking lot and roadway evaluation services
- Work with customers and BR estimators to develop cost effective pavement maintenance and rehabilitation strategies
- Responsible for conducting site inspections, coordinating various testing and take responsibility for all pavement materials engineering
- Provide construction consulting services
- Continually monitor and advise suppliers and employees at all levels as to sound means and methods for constructing quality projects of high value
- Work with QC manager to identify recycling and environmental opportunities
- Explore and promote new and innovative products, equipment and techniques to reduce cost and increase value to our customers
- Work with estimator group to define scope of work for pricing
- Network with industry groups, state officials and producer/user groups to keep current with trends and requirements
- Minimum five years pavement and/or geotechnical engineering experience
- Professional Engineering license in Minnesota a plus
- In depth knowledge of local soils and pavement specifications
- A comprehensive understanding and familiarity with the effects of cold weather climate on pavements
- Bituminous and asphalt cement knowledge desired
- MNDOT certification a plus
- Personable, positive attitude and ability to work cooperatively with all employees
- Good communicator, both oral and written
- Excellent presentation and technical selling skills
- Must have current and valid driver’s license with an excellent driving record
Proof of employment eligibility is required. Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.