Responsible to help administer awarded project contracts. This includes analyzing blue prints, specifications, proposals and other documentation, and planning, directing and coordinating activities of designated projects to ensure projects are safely completed on time and within budget.
EDUCATION AND/OR WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- BS degree in Construction Management or equivalent experience. Hands-on approach to work required with results orientation. Intern and/or Co-op experience preferred. Position requires work outdoor and the ability to work in team environment.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office. Experience in HCSS preferred.
- Ability to provide and maintain proper licensure, medical card and acceptable driving record.
DUTIES AND/OR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of designated project to ensure goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters. Reviews project proposals to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Establishes work plan and staffing and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel. Confers with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority. Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel. Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems. Provide market leading customer service and technical expertise.
- Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work with difficult people under high stress situations. Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to develop and maintain positive customer relations and act courteous/respectful of others.
- Analyze blueprints, specifications, proposals and other documentation to prepare time, cost and labor estimates for products, projects, or services. Reviews data to determine material and labor requirements and prepare itemized lists. Consults with clients, vendors, and other individuals to provide cost factors and formulates estimates.
- Administer negotiated contracts. Coordinate proposals and activities of awarded bid proposals. Track contract performance.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve situations/problems (material quality, equipment operation/repair, etc.). Monitor and discuss production problems with co-workers and managers/supervisors.
- Ensure OSHA, EPA, MSHA, DNR, safety and environmental regulation compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Some travel may be required.