Responsible to safely manage and coordinate activities of construction projects (asphalt, grading, and concrete) and direct construction and maintenance of roads or streets.
EDUCATION AND/OR WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Over 2 years up to and including 4 years from post high school, work, military, institutional or vocational environment.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in product line and supervisory role
- Ability to provide and maintain proper licensure, medical card and acceptable driving record.
DUTIES AND/OR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform daily equipment, walk around and site inspections to identify and correct any unsafe conditions and keep equipment properly maintained.
- Safely and properly manage and coordinate activities of projects
- Directs construction and maintenance of roads or streets and projects
- Complete necessary paperwork
- Approve and submit work hours for crew and pertinent job information daily
- Monitor and evaluates daily production and plans/schedules work according to daily evaluations.
- Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work with difficult people under high stress situations. Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations and act courteous/respectful of others.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve situations/problems (material quality, equipment operation/repair, etc.). Monitor and discuss production problems with co-workers and managers/supervisors.
- Ensure MSHA, OSHA, EPA, DNR, Lockout/Tagout, safety and environmental regulation compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.