Ellingson Companies is a third generation, full service Construction Company specializing in agricultural drainage technologies and trenchless solutions in Minnesota, North Dakota, and throughout the United States. Since 1970, we have been committed to providing the finest quality service in the industry. We believe that a quality project begins with quality employees, so we hire the most qualified employees in the industry. This fact along with our continual commitment to safety and adoption of the latest industry technologies ensures our customers receive the best products, engineering and installation available in agricultural drainage, subsurface irrigation, and more!
The position is responsible for maintaining an accurate schedule to ensure capacity needs and financial reports are timely and recognized. Manage and schedule the Project Managers and Survey Team. Ensure one calls are timely, as-staked drawings and materials are prioritized against the schedule. Project manage any miscellaneous work other than drain tile projects region may build. Maintain a close relationship with the sales team to ensure customer needs are met. Report to the General Manager to ensure company goals versus actual work is being communicated. Work directly with Production Manager and Pump Manager to coordinate schedules.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
Preferred education: 2 or 4 year degree in Construction Management, Project Management, Construction Engineering, Civil or Environmental Engineering and or other related fields. Minimum education: 2 year degree or 4-6 years like job experience.
Preferred experience: Previous project management experience and dealing with product vendors a plus.
Essential skills: Highly organized and detail oriented. Effective verbal and written communication skills, including ability to be assertive when necessary. Strong mathematical aptitude and analytical skills. Ability to correctly read maps and relay locations/directions to others. Experience using Microsoft Office suite including proficiency with Excel and Project at the intermediate level. Motivated self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
- Serve as main contact between our sales team and the production staff.
- Review all projects sold to ensure all permits, materials, etc. are secured before scheduling.
- Maintain an accurate schedule using Microsoft Project.
- Review time-cards and perform employee reviews.
- Ensure the highest level of customer service.
- Forecast material needs to suppliers(s).
- Tracking and coordinating with other persons to manage leftover tile inventory to ensure all product is used.
- Serve as final check of One Call descriptions before the crew arrives.
- Manage schedule for staking and drawing to ensure priorities are being met.
- Resolve in-field issues as quickly as possible to ensure crew is not inhibited in any way.
- Be flexible and willing to work nights and weekends to stay ahead of ever-changing schedule and conditions.
- Order materials and products as needed outside of normal scope of work.
- Be the lead PM for any miscellaneous projects our office may build (rural water, pipe plowing, open cut, etc.)
- Maintain a strong safety culture within the department. Work with the Safety Department to ensure all requirements are being met.
- Oversee regular maintenance and repairs for 4-wheelers, trailers, pickups, and GPS equipment.
- Manage department costs and expenses.
- Other duties that may arise that fit the position.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off & Sick Time
- Health Club Reimbursement Program
- Tuition Assistance Program (after one year)
- Year round employment